University Library Expanded Resources/Summer Downtime
Good morning, Campus Community,
As the result of a three-year collaboration between the Chancellor’s Office and 23 libraries in the Cal State University System, the Cal State San Marcos University Library will become part of OneSearch early this summer. An immediate positive result of this collaboration is expanded searching and borrowing capabilities. Beginning this July, you’ll be able to borrow books and media materials from across the entire Cal State University (CSU+) system. And if CSU+ doesn’t have what you need, we’ll help you get it from the San Diego Circuit local libraries or through Interlibrary Loan.
Some library services will be affected from June 2 until June 14 while we make this transition. Please take note of the following:
- Faculty teaching the first summer session, please submit any course reserve materials by Tuesday, May 30. Requests made after May 30 will be processed after June 13.
- All Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services will be offline June 6-June 13 (San Diego Circuit will be offline from June 2-June 14).
- Electronic resources will only be available directly from the home page and the databases section (https://biblio.csusm.edu/research_portal/databases) of the Library website.
The University Library is also pleased to announce the redesign of our website, which will launch later in the summer. We’ve been developing and testing our website redesign for over a year, and we greatly appreciate all the feedback our users have provided. Your input has helped us design a better, simpler, more intuitive library website.
A few highlights of what’s new and improved:
- Customizable experience when logged in with your CSUSM username, including a faculty-focused dashboard
- Improved mobile-friendly interface
- Quick access to library events, activities and more.
We thank you for your patience as we launch our improved website and expanded resources this summer.
Questions and comments:
- For reserves or account info, contact User Services at (760) 750-4348 or through the website at https://biblio.csusm.edu/contact-us/
- For website redesign, contact Ian Chan, head of Library Technology Initiatives & Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Fabbi, Ph.D.
Dean, University Library