Call for Volunteer Building Marshals
Say an earthquake has taken place in close proximity to the campus. The fire alarms have been activated, indicating the need to evacuate the building. What do you do? As a Cal State San Marcos Building Marshal, you will quickly sweep your assigned floor and assist with the evacuation of the building.
The CSUSM Building Marshal program helps to facilitate the safe evacuation of campus buildings and assist emergency responders. This program is staffed by campus employees who work in the individual classrooms, offices and buildings throughout campus.
Building Marshals are responsible for:
- Assisting in the complete evacuation of a building.
- Assisting University Police in preventing re-entry by non-emergency responders until the building has been deemed safe.
- Reporting injured or trapped persons to emergency responders.
We need additional Building Marshals in most buildings across campus. Training and equipment will be provided. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Robert Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for volunteers in the following buildings:
- University Services Building
- Student Health and Counseling Services
- University Student Union
- The Sports Center
- M. Gordon Clarke Field House
- Science Hall 2
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Building
- Arts Building
- University Hall
- Academic Hall
- Markstein Hall
- Science Hall 1
- Veterans Center
- University Commons
- New Extended Learning Building
- Temecula campus