Campus-Wide Lockdown Drill Scheduled for Nov. 3
The lockdown drill is intended to simulate the presence of a hostile intruder or shooter on campus.
In an effort to minimize academic disruption, the drill will not last more than 10 minutes. Participation by all personnel on campus is strongly encouraged. Please use the time to educate students, faculty and staff about lockdown procedures, utilize your lockdown rooms when the lockdown is announced (formerly known as safe rooms). All classrooms on campus are lockdown capable and are considered lockdown rooms.
If possible, staff and faculty are asked to check locking doors in their building to note and report any doors which do not lock as designed. Report any deficiencies to Facility Services using the work request online form. Please provide as much detail as possible, building, location and the asset tag that should be on the hinge side of the door frame. Lockdown and drill information will be available on the Emergency Management web sites. Additional lockdown drill and emergency notification information will be communicated leading up to the drill.
· Drill date and time - Nov. 3 at 9 a.m.
· UPD will send out messaging via the emergency notification system (ENS) to start the lockdown drill.
· No fire alarms will be triggered and no evacuation will occur.
· The drill is expected to last 10 minutes.
· Plan to go to your identified lockdown rooms and wait for the all clear (all classrooms are considered lockdown rooms).
· While in your safe rooms, lock the doors, turn off lights, close blinds, and silence your cell phones.
· Please Remember – Building entrances and exterior doors will lockdown during an active shooter incident. If you are outside, get to the exterior portions of campus and find a place to hide.
· End of drill – “All Clear” message sent
Drill Start Message: This is a Drill! This is a campus-wide lockdown drill, lockdown immediately! This is a Drill!
All Clear Message: The Drill has ended! All Clear, please resume normal operations. The Drill has ended! Please contact Emergency Manager Jennifer Ralph at email@example.com with any questions.