Campuswide Lockdown Drill Scheduled on Nov. 2
There will be a campuswide lockdown drill on Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 9 a.m. The lockdown drill is intended to simulate the presence of a hostile intruder or shooter on campus.
In an effort to minimize academic disruption, the drill will not last more than 15 minutes. Participation by all personnel on campus is strongly encouraged. Please test your lockdown procedures by moving to your designated lockdown room and implementing your “silent” protocols (see below). All classrooms on campus are lockdown capable and are considered lockdown rooms. Debrief your team or class after the drill to identify any concerns or areas for improvement.
If possible, staff and faculty are asked to check locking doors in their building to note and report any doors that do not lock as designed. Report any deficiencies to Facility Services using the work request online form. Please provide as much detail as possible, including building, location and the asset tag that should be on the hinge side of the door frame.
Lockdown and drill information will be available on the Emergency Management website.
- The University Police Department will send out messaging via the emergency notification system (ENS) to start the lockdown drill.
- No fire alarms will be triggered, and no evacuation will occur.
- The drill is expected to last 15 minutes.
- Plan to go to your identified lockdown room and wait for the "all clear" (all classrooms are considered lockdown rooms).
- While in your lockdown room, lock the doors, turn off the lights, close the blinds and silence your cellphones.
- Please remember that building entrances and exterior doors will lock down during an active shooter incident. If you are outside, please go to the exterior portions of campus and find a place to hide.
- At the end of the drill, an all-clear message will be sent.
Drill start message: "This is a drill! This is a campuswide lockdown drill, lock down immediately! This is a drill!"
All-clear message: "The drill has ended! All clear, please resume normal operations. The drill has ended!"
Please contact Emergency Manager Jennifer Ralph at email@example.com with any questions.