CSUSM Featured in Teradata's New Global Academic Website
By Christine Vaughan
- February 2014: Teradata Photo Shoot at CSUSMA screen shot from the Teradata University Network website of CSUSM professors Kim Quinney and Soheila Jorjani in Palm Court.
- February 2014: Teradata Photo Shoot at CSUSMA screen shot from the Teradata University Network website of CSUSM marketing professor Ben Cherry teaching in the SBSB Anthropology Lab.
- February 2014: Teradata Photo Shoot at CSUSMA screen shot from the Teradata University Network website of CSUSM student James Magpusao and Physics Professor Chuck De Leone.
- February 2014: Teradata Photo Shoot at CSUSMCSUSM students Kat Atienza (left) and Hunter Chanove (right) studying on a patio of the Social and Behavioral Sciences Building appears on the newly redesigned website for Teradata University Network.
- February 2014: Teradata Photo Shoot at CSUSMA screen shot from the Teradata University Network website of CSUSM students Meg Aida, Jairo Leon, Tyler Bahneman and Arthur Silverstein III.
CSUSM Featured in Teradata’s New Global Academic Website A photograph of CSUSM students Kat Atienza (left) and Hunter Chanove (right) studying on a patio of the Social and Behavioral Sciences Building appears on the newly redesigned website for Teradata University Network.
Images from CSUSM featuring the University's students, faculty and campus helped launch a free global academic resource, Teradata University Network, which is now seen in 98 countries by over 50,000 users.
Cal State San Marcos was selected as the exclusive site to capture promotional images for the newly redesigned Teradata University Network website –www.teradatauniversitynetwork.com – which launched January 18, 2014. The opportunity to have CSUSM be the featured university came as a recommendation from marketing professor Camille Schuster, who serves on the Executive Board of the Teradata University Network.
Teradata University Network, in conjunction with Teradata (NYSE: TDC), is a free, web-based portal that provides teaching and learning tools for more than 3,700 faculty and 50,000 students around the world.
Designed for college students studying information systems, management, computer science, finance, marketing and accounting, the site gives users a taste of corporate reality through hands-on software experiences and case studies on some of the world’s largest companies.
The open-source site also allows faculty to utilize content and access resources. Through the Teradata University Network, professors can design assignments using databases with millions of records. Currently, the network has more than 3,700 registered faculty members from more than 1,700 universities in 98 countries.
All 23 CSU campuses are members of the Teradata University Network.
The New Faces of Teradata
More than 30 CSUSM students and eight professors participated in the two-day photo shoot on Dec. 4-5. The photo sessions were held throughout campus and included spaces in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Building, Kellogg Library, Markstein Hall, University Plaza and Palm Court.
Tennessee-based marketing agency n-tara interactive led the creative campaign and worked with CSUSM’s Office of Communications to manage scheduling, secure photo locations and recruit students and faculty to be models.
“The photo shoot with Teradata was awesome,” said senior communication major Kat Atienza. “The team handling the photo shoot was so supportive, creative and fun to work with. I loved the experience! They knew the vision they wanted and the look they were looking for, and they did a great job executing it.”
Teradata University Network generously provided CSUSM will all of the images taken during the two-day photo shoot for future use in University publications. In addition to being featured on the Teradata University Network website, the photos will also be published in brochures, presentations and other marketing collateral for Teradata.
“Teradata University Network was excited to conduct our website photo shoot on such a beautiful campus,” said Susan Baxley, director of Teradata University Network. “We were so impressed with the CSUSM faculty and students who participated in the shoot. They were all such a delight to work with. The website is receiving many compliments and I am looking forward to my next visit on campus.”