CSUSM Open Enrollment 2018
The CSUSM Annual Open Enrollment is now ongoing, beginning Monday, Sept. 11 through Friday, Oct. 6, 2017. Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to review and update your current benefits for the upcoming year. The effective date for all changes made during the open enrollment period will be January 1, 2018. To view the open enrollment guide and 2018 health premium rates, please visit the following link:
Thank you to everyone who attended CSUSM’s Health & Wellness Open Enrollment Fair last Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017, in the University Student Union Ballroom. We hope you enjoyed the fair. Raffle winners have been selected! For a full list of prizes and winners, please visit:
All required enrollment forms must be submitted to The Office of Human Resources (OHR) no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 6, 2017. OHR partners with other California state agencies such as the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and the State Controller’s Office (SCO) to process open enrollment transactions. Due to the volume of open enrollment transactions that these agencies process, they will not accept enrollment changes submitted after the deadline.
Open Enrollment Forms/Process:
- No action is required if you do not wish to make any changes to your health, dental or FlexCash plans.
- Health Insurance: Eligible employees who wish to enroll in health coverage, change health plan carriers, and/or add/delete dependents must submit a completed Benefits Worksheet.
- Dental Insurance: Eligible employees who wish to enroll in dental coverage, change dental plan carriers, and/or add/delete dependents must submit a completed Benefits Worksheet.
- FlexCash: Employees planning to remain in FlexCash are not required to complete enrollment forms during open enrollment. Eligible employees who plan to enroll or make changes to their existing enrollment must submit a completed Benefits Worksheet.
- To enroll in DCRA and/or HCRA for the 2018 plan year, please submit a completed DCRA/HCRA Enrollment Authorization Form.
- Voluntary Plans: Eligible employees who wish to enroll or make changes to voluntary plans will need to contact the voluntary plan vendors directly.
We will be giving out sponsored goodie bags to those who submit their open enrollment forms to the OHR front desk. But hurry! While supplies last.
For questions regarding CSUSM’s benefits programs or deadlines, please contact OHR at ext. 4418