Looking for a Summer Camp for the Kids
CSUSM Summer Conferences is hosting a variety of camps and conferences this summer, and we invite you to participate. Visit our site to learn more about these camps.
- iD Tech (faculty & staff save $100 —register using code FACSTAFF18)
Kids and teens of all skill levels discover coding, AI, machine learning, film, robotics, and game design, developing the in-demand skills needed to compete at San Diego area companies like HP, GoPro, Intuit, and Qualcomm.-
Our teachers offer unmatched expertise in computer science education. We teach students ages 4-18 after-school and throughout the summer through engaging coding projects.
- In partnership with the YMCA, CSUSM is excited to offer a new youth summer camp here on campus. This new camp is designed to provide both a fun and an educational camp experience to 1st-8th graders. The camp's child supervision will be provided by the YMCA, while the educational component and activities will be taught by CSUSM faculty and highly trained science majors. Camps run July 16-20th and July 23rd - July 27th, 8:00 am - 3:45 pm daily.CSUSM Faculty and Staff are eligible for the YMCA Member Rate. Call 760-635-3050 to register!For grades 1-6, Campus Explorers: Campers will enjoy campus amenities like mini golf, bocce ball, air hockey, foosball, pool time and more while playing games, singing songs and doing other fun-filled camp activities. The combination of YMCA camp activities and the amazing CSUSM campus gives your camper the best of both worlds.
- For grades 6-8, Makers Lab: In this course, campers will explore the fascinating world of "making" in these weeklong camps at Cal State San Marcos' designated Maker Space. Led by CSUSM Maker Experts and STEM Ambassadors, campers will have access to the university's Maker Lab to learn, create and explore DIY activities such as creating electronic textiles with microcontrollers and conductive thread or building basic robots with toothbrushes and cell phone motors. Direct Registration link:https://www.ymca.org/program-finder/branch/magdalena-ecke-family-ymca-182/program/day-camp-24?search_api_views_fulltext=csusm&field_dates_value%5Bdate%5D=04%2F01%2F2018
- Great Western Lacrosse
- Cycling for Sight
- The San Diego Center for the Blind, with field office in Vista, helps adults with blindness or vision impairment to reach their highest level of independence. The Blind Stokers Club enables the sport of cycling for those who cannot see well enough to pilot a bike, through one-on-one partnering on tandem bikes for two.
- CFS is open to all cyclists, with a variety of participation options
- Colloquium – Education Through Music
Offering a refreshingly different way to approach learning, Education Through Music (ETM) frees adults to teach and parent in accordance with the joyful nature of children. Through song and play, ETM provides a gateway for contemporary understanding of learning, motivation, child theory and cognitive development. Since 1969, the staff of the Richards Institute of Education and Research has traveled North America offering a variety of courses and workshops in communities like yours.
Interested in hosting a camp, conference or overnight stay for interns? Let us know at csusm.edu/summerconferences