Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
MindfulCSUSM and Human Resources are pleased to host a free eight-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course.
The cost of this course is typically over $500 but we are fortunate to have MBSR trained instructor, Anne Randerson, who is willing to teach this course for us. Very generous and we thank her!
MBSR is designed to relieve stress and increase wellbeing by applying various techniques that can be applied in both personal and professional settings.
The course takes place over eight Tuesday sessions (Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26, Mar. 5, 12, 19, 26) from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. with a full day silent retreat on Saturday, Mar. 9 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We will be meeting in SBSB 4117.
As you consider registering for this course, please be aware of the following:
- It is important to attend all sessions of the course.
- A personal commitment to MBSR meditation practice of 45-60 minutes daily at least six days per week for the next eight weeks is essential. The time can be divided into two meditations if desired. Your commitment is essential. It is the practice of mindfulness meditation that will enable you to fully realize its benefits.
- A personal commitment to practice mindfulness in daily living will enhance the benefits of MBSR practices. We can bring mindfulness to eating, walking, driving, interpersonal relationships, anytime throughout the day.
- In addition to meditation practice, you will have home assignments to complete in preparation for each class session.
This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Group dialogue
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice and a workbook
Staff, faculty, and administrators are all welcome to participate.
We anticipate that the 15 seats will fill up quickly.
After you give careful consideration to the time commitment outlined above, you can register by emailing email@example.com. You will be placed on a waitlist if the course is full.
If you have questions, you can contact Ranjeeta Basu (firstname.lastname@example.org)