Resources and Events for Upcoming Nov. 8 Election
On Tuesday, Nov. 8, California registered voters will vote on statewide propositions, statewide candidates, U.S. representatives, Supreme Court justices, as well as local candidates and local measures. You can drop off your ballot on campus at the ballot dropbox located in Campus Way Circle in front of the University Student Union entrance. Be sure to check out the following resources and events:
- CSUSM Elections: Register to vote, confirm your voter registration status and find more voter education resources.
- Voter Education Civic Action Hub: Learn how to “get out the vote.” Complete at least three actions to be an informed voter and learn how to be an active participant in our democracy.
- Campus vote center: The poll site at The McMahan House is open Oct. 29-Nov. 8. Check the CSUSM Elections webpage for hours of operation.
- Ballots are in the mail: As ballots start showing up in mailboxes around San Diego County, the Registrar of Voters office is encouraging voters to vote early. If you haven’t received yours yet, contact the registrar’s office. More details are available here.
- Friday, Oct. 28 is Vote Early Day: When we vote early, we ensure that last-minute problems will not keep us from casting our ballot and we help reduce lines at the polls on Election Day. Visit the CSUSM Elections webpage to learn more.
- Monday, Nov. 7 is Election Hero Day: Celebrate the election administration teams, poll workers and others around the country who help ensure that voters can cast their ballots securely and successfully. Meet up with the Department of Civic Engagement to drop off snacks and goodies as a token of appreciation for our election heroes.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 is Election Day: Stop by The McMahan House to cast your ballot or drop off your mail-in ballot starting at 7 a.m.