Study Abroad in Paris This January
Explore the beautiful city of Paris while learning about youth in French society (January 5-18, 2018). Guided by Dr. Darlene Piña, students will have first-hand experiences with French youth culture as well as opportunities to establish international networks in Paris.
Sociology (SOC) 317: Youth & Society; Satisfies Upper-Division General Education requirement in the Social Sciences for students with 60 units or more (3 units of UDGE DD credit) OR 3 units of credit in Lifelong Learning (E).
During your time abroad, you will:
• Study the social position of youth in French society, both past and present
• Examine institutions that socialize youth, including government, education, and employment
• Learn about youth subcultures and immigrant experiences
• Observe French customs for youth regarding friendship, dating, and family relationships
• Discover the roles media, pop culture, and technology play in the lives of French youth
• Analyze youth social movements and political participation
Attend an Information Session to learn more:
* Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 12-1 in SBSB 1105
* Thursday, Sept. 21 at 12-1 in SBSB 1105
* Thursday, Sept. 26 at 12-1 in SBSB 1105
For more information, please contact Dr. Darlene Piña at firstname.lastname@example.org.