Study Abroad in Paris This Summer
Explore the beautiful city of Paris while learning about youth in French society (May 28 - June 10). Guided by Dr. Darlene Piña, students will have first-hand experiences with French youth culture as well as opportunities to establish international networks in Paris.
Sociology (SOC) 317: Youth & Society; satisfies upper-division general education requirement in the social sciences for students with 60 units or more (3 units of UDGE DD credit).
During your time abroad, you will:
- Study the social position of youth in French society, both past and present
- Examine institutions that socialize youth including government, education and employment
- Learn about youth subcultures and immigrant experiences
- Observe French customs for youth regarding friendship, dating and family relationships
- Discover the roles media, pop culture and technology play in the lives of French youth
- Analyze youth social movements and political participation
Attend an information session to learn more:
- Tuesday, January 31, 12:00-12:50 p.m., SBSB 2217
- Tuesday, February 7, 12:00-12:50 p.m., SBSB 2217
- Wednesday, February 8, 12:00-12:50 p.m., SBSB 2217
Contact Dr. Darlene Piña at firstname.lastname@example.org.