Tips for Handling Student Illness Reporting
Tips for Faculty & Staff: Students Are or May Be Positive for COVID-19
- Please contact Dr. James Chun, CSUSM interim medical director via email at email@example.com.
- Provide Dr. Chun the student’s name and ID number, and forward any correspondence sent to you by the student.
- Dr. Chun will communicate with the student and assess the potential impact to the campus community, if any.
- Dr. Chun will contact any potentially impacted members of the campus community. Please refrain from sharing this information with anyone other than Dr. Chun.
- Should the reporting student disclose their personal condition to peers and you need assistance managing their concerns, please contact Dr. Chun or seek support via the Cougar Care Network at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should any student need non-emergency medical attention, Student Health & Counseling Services (SHCS) is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Students should call ext. 4915 to determine if being seen at SHCS is appropriate, or if the student should seek care in the community for medical services or testing beyond the scope of care available at SHCS.